Gaining flexibility in an unpredictable business environment saturated in complexity combines increasing awareness with participatory processes and skills.
Interactive Workshop 1: What are the Crucial Questions for Decision Making: Dealing with Data?
Big data. Small data. Intuition. Rational logic. What do you trust when making decisions in unpredictable situations? Why is making no decision worse than making the wrong one? How do disagreements get handled when you’re right and they are wrong? The decision-making environment is more complex than ever but decision makers haven’t adapted to a different reality. Workplace relationships and business culture has an effect on the accuracy.
In this session we’ll explore how to improve accuracy of decision-making based on context, conflict and on being human – how you process data (factual, emotional, social) and make decisions.
- Why fear makes for a lousy decision making environment)
- How to restore executive brain functioning.
Character and Being Human:
- Working differently with data overwhelm. Learn how you absorb data, then make decisions in milliseconds.
- When and how to value your ‘gut’ instinct versus ‘rational’ decision making when built-in bias makes it impossible to be rational.
- Using mistakes to strengthen decision making.
- Find better ways to work with risk that considers the psychology of being human.
- Moving from stagnation (what if I’m wrong) to confidence.
- Disrupting decision making patterns in yourself or in your company to deliberately ignite creativity.
- Expand beyond analytical thinking to convert problems that are really opportunities.
Bring your questions to the program and set the agenda. The workshop will also incorporate with elements you bring to the conversation such as fear of being wrong, or patterns that impede growth.
Walk away with core principles,tools and insights for better decision-making in any environment.
Bring your decision-making conundrums to this workshop where we’ll use them to explore what’s most relevant to you while working with tools and skills you can apply immediately.
Duration: 2 hours to 1 day
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]
Interactive Workshop 2: Advanced Decision Making 5.0 for Complexity
Seventy to ninety percent of startups fail. Chances are well established companies won’t make it past their eighteenth birthday. Implementing new governance models plus complexity is stressing decision-makers no matter how much experience you have. To add to that, Agile and lean change implementation demands closing the gap between traditional management and today’s need to fully engage talent.
“Executives say that growth strategy is being undermined by day-to-day decisions inside companies and that too many companies lack a coherent vision of the future.” – Innosight
Snapping out of the familiar decision making ruts to greet uncertainty head-on requires higher self and organizational awareness.
- Use mistakes to get better.
- Gain clarity on how you collectively make decisions.
- Use the overwhelming amount of data to expand your inner skills.
- Become aware of what is sabotaging effective decision making and learn skills to become a stronger decision maker.
Interactive Workshop 3: Releasing Decision Making Habits Blocking Growth
Disrupt your decision making; bump out of the ruts.
The business environment is complex yet decision making habits haven’t adapted. Bring your frustrations with how decision are made in your team, or your company to a Decision Play Day workshop to interactively:
- See what’s working against decision making.
- Open up a new set of inner skills usable immediately.
- Apply focus as an adjustable lens to control the results you aim for in your decision making.
Convert frustration into awareness by learning a simple set of principles you can apply to your decision making process to keep you out of a rut and in the game.
Schedule a .5 or full day workshop.
Interactive Workshop 4: Handling Uncertainty in the Decision Making Process-Bringing Your Body’s Technology On-Line
The highest performing and most agile companies in the world work with uncertainty to develop creative solutions to emergent issues. In the context of high-speed complex change, an over abundance of data is not always in the form you need. And how do you blend it with your gut instinct?
Getting to know your personal blueprint for seeing and sensing the best decision in the context of complexity starts with greater self-awareness and self-knowledge. Otherwise focus is too narrow, options either too many or too few and key information in the working environment gets missed. Learning from high stakes mistakes strengthen your decision-making tool-kit.
Today, uncertainty and unpredictability are the new norm. With complexity, most of the information you need is outside of your immediate view. And since the days of engineering controllable outcomes are over you need more tools to see subtle influences.
In this workshop:
- Identify your intuitive strengths that blend social data with factual giving you insight. Apply listening and sensing to detect what isn’t in clear view.
- See how focus in decision making can intentionally stimulate innovation and achieve cost savings.
- Observe the conditions in your workplace that steer decisions away from growth. Identify decision-making patterns companies so you can change the pattern.
- Learn why making mistakes builds decision-making strength. You’ll also learn why setting an environment for making mistakes is key for leadership and business growth.
- Install checkpoints to mitigate risk of error caused by complacency. Use diversity of perspective to make better decisions.
Contact Dawna to discuss customization or the unique situation you and your company are in. @EPDawna_Jones or dawna at frominsighttoaction dot com.